cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 VPN trouble

gregciano
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 rv042 routers connected via a vpn I setup and while I can do most anything across it (i.e. connect to file shares etc ) I can olny print to 1 of 3 printers at the remote site. For some reason I can't print to, or even ping, the other 2 printers. If I connect across the vpn to a remote machine, using pcanywhere, I can ping and print to the other 2 printers from the remote server, proving to me that there is nothing wrong with the connectivity of the 2 printers ( at least to the local network they are on). It seems something is stopping the traffic through the vpn from reaching the other 2 printers. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx

Greg

2 Replies 2

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

The vpn tunnel isn't partial to network traffic if you can get across the tunnel you should have access to the whole subnet on the remote side. The router knows that 192.168.x.x is located at ipsec0 and the RV042 will send traffic over the tunnel to the remote router. If you can access some of the network the tunnel is up and will send all packets to remote side. That being said i don't think it's with the tunnel unless you have a limited range on tunnel settings , instead of the whole subnet.

Thanks,

Jason

Well , the fact that I can ping the printers from the remote side of the tunnel tells me they are on the network and accessable, the ping only fails from my side of the tunnel. Can you think of any other reason it would fail under those circumstances?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: