Views
Helpful
Replies

Callmanager Name fileds CM_FRED

miket
Level 5
Level 5

Can anyone tell me where the

Callmanager name is used in version 5 and up.. During install a "CM_" is prefixed to the server name. Usually after the install we change the server name on the admin web page to the IP address however some of my peers change the "Cisco Unifed CM" fileds to match.

Usually I just leave it as "CM_" and server name.. I know in the past windows versions it didnt matter and in Linux versions it doesnt seem to matter either but I am curious as to what the name really does..

I know this is trivial but I stiil wonder why and what the field really does.

Hope this all makes sense

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

As far as I'm aware it's just an ID. Just like the MoH, CFB, etc have names; you can change it to whatever you like (doesn't have to have any particular prefix, and doesn't need to be related to the server if you don't want) and it will still work.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

The CM Name is just an identifier that you give the server.  When you want to look up a server, you can look it up based on a naming schema that you define.

The naming object that matters is the Server name.  This is typically best set to IP address as opposed to host name.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: