cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 Shared Line max calls

mhurley131
Level 4
Level 4

We have a customer that has a UC540, with a shared line on about 15 phones.   There main number is mapped to this extension so that all incomming calls ring on each of the phones.

The issue is that only one inbound call can take place at a time.   If there is a call already going on the second caller gets a busy signal or directed to CUE.

I have tried making this line an octo-line, but once I use CCA to make it a shared line on a phone the tool reverts the ephone-dn back to a dual-line.

What options do I have to make this work??  This is a pretty common setup that I have implemented in the past using UCMBE...

My only other idea is to make a seperate DN on each phone (as an octo-line) then create a hunt group which broadcasts to all of these DNs.  Id rather not go down this route because it makes adding new phones more of a hassle (have to come up with a new DN, make sure to add it to the hunt group, etc...).

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your best choice is the octo-line. Just do not use CCA or other GUIs ever. These are known to mess with proper manual configuration.

I always wonder what is the point of having all the phones to ring at noce and the consequent acustic disturbance, but at time looks like the customer knows better, oh so better.

mhurley131
Level 4
Level 4

I personally couldnt agree more...but in order for TAC to support the UC540 you have to use the CCA.   Since this is a customer's production phone system we can't do things which won't be supported by TAC in the future.

Please state who at TAC or what official document says that, and I will be happy to go to the bottom of the matter, and switch my customer to competition if that is the case.

Until is proven that CCA or what other GUI du jour is bug free, and does all what CLI does down to the last tiny bit of functionality (and that will never happen), cisco cannot mandate anyone to use it.

I have heard this from numerous people...but now that you ask I will try and find an official cisco document that says it.   Once i find something i will post the link.

In the meantime...here is one blog from the uc500 site which says basically the same thing.    You can configure thing using the CLI,but once you call for support you can kiss it goodbye.    The CCA tool won't pay attention to anything done via CLI, and will overwrite it the first chance it gets...

http://uc500.com/en/introducing-new-cisco-uc540-uc540fxo-and-uc540bri

Stand firm, defend quality against faulty graphical software.

That is what made the difference with Cisco compared to competition so far, and must not change.

There are also TAC fellows here and they are of course welcome to say ther stance on the matter.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey guys,

I thought you might find this post interesting

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/thread/8507;jsessionid=6316E39478A0669A588342B3E018E117.node0

Cheers!

Rob

Rated 5 stars to Rob for his continous attention, and to got tward Cisco's goal of contribution to Haiti.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: