Hospital Policy Regarding Wireless Devices

Unanswered Question
Apr 8th, 2010
User Badges:

I was wondering if any of you out there have a company policy written regarding wireless devices?

I work for a hospital and I'm in the process of writing up a policy regarding the use and installation of various authorized / unauthorized wireless devices...

Currently, there is no "official" written policy preventing people from bringing in their own AP's and in order for me to take action against this I need to have an official policy written and then approved by management.

Do any of you have one that I could reference so that I can make sure I have all my bases covered?

Any suggestions or samples would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks!

-Brett

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Rob Huffman Thu, 04/08/2010 - 14:12
User Badges:
  • Super Blue, 32500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony, Unified Communications

Hi Brett,

I can't share ours with you, but many of the base ideas and

templates came from a simple search on "wireless acceptable use policy"

via one of the major search engines

Cheers!

Rob

Leo Laohoo Thu, 04/08/2010 - 15:21
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, Wireless

There are a number of guys who are taking care of wireless in a number of hospitals and they should be able to give you a brief run-down.

In my personal opinion, no one, unless sanctioned by the organization, is allowed to bring their own "chop suey" network gear into a production network.  I've had a number of experiences where they caused network outages and un-necessary hours of troubleshooting that were caused by equipments that simply wouldn't work in the network because of lack of functionality (for example).

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content