ccna 802 exam

Unanswered Question
Apr 8th, 2010

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had gone through for their routers to prepare for the certification. They have the 2500s that come as a kit for around 170 bucks. I know that they are older models for the exam but will these still be sufficent enough for the ccna exam?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Reza Sharifi Thu, 04/08/2010 - 18:04

Hi David,

I would not spend any money on 2500 series.  They are very old, slow and limited functionality.  You can easily get a 2620 or 2621 for less then $100 on Ebay.

GRHawk2057 Fri, 04/09/2010 - 08:40

Hi David,

I recently searched out a CCNA kit and decided to purchase from Impac Network Superstore.  I came across this on ebay.  I looked at ciscokits and thought they were more expensive for the hardware that I was looking for.  I also looked at other kits.  Too many choices and Thomas at Impac was 'extreeemly' helpfull.  He was kind enough to help me with a 1721 router that I was having problems with and this was not purchased from them.  He put togeather a suitable ccna kit at my request to keep costs down.

If you are still searching for a suitable ccna kit, look on ebay for seller: r8rzroc.  They are top rated - 100 perfect score.  They are based in california.  I am an east coaster.

Good luck

This Discussion