A few general agent questions

Answered Question
Apr 8th, 2010

We've been asked some general questions by our agents that I have been unable to find answers for, (although 4 and 5 are likely working as designed). We are running IPCC Express 7.0(1)SR05_Build504 and these are all phone agents. We do not run the agent desktop client. Any assistance in answering these questions would be greatly appreciated.

1. TransfertoVM softkey "grayed out" while on a CSQ call. Can it be enabled?

2. While logged in to CSQ, is there a way to start dialing prior to
lifting the receiver?

3. Is it possible to handle more than one CSQ call at a time, e.g. put a call on hold and answer
another CSQ call.

4. Upon selecting Agent Login (single-button login), can the agent automatically be put into Ready?

5. Upon Logout, can the phone be returned to the main screen, rather than getting the manual agent login screen?

Again, any assistance in answering these questions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Roger
I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Aaron Harrison about 6 years 7 months ago

Hi

1) Isn't that an IPMA softkey? Never tried it, but whilst it's not in the 'unsupported' list, I wouldn't expect using any IPMA features in conjunction with CAD would get you good results. If it doesn't cause you stuck/ghost calls, I would expect erroneous reports...

2) Being logged into a CSQ doesn't affect the way the phone works.

- You can dial the number then either lift the handset or hit dial (for speakerphone)

- You can press speakerphone or headset then dial

I guess what you are referring to is if you are using the IP Phone Agent in conjunction with a headset? If you are, then the IPPA usually obscures the 'new call' and 'end call' softkeys that you might use if you leave the headset button lit. I guess this isn't the case, as you refer to lifting the receiver? Unless you have motorized lifters.. If that's what you have, you can try getting users to either :

- Manage their onhook/offhook state using the headset key as if it was the speakerphone key (i.e. press it to hang up or pickup)

- Use a headset/phone combination that supports HHC

- Switch to CAD, or CAD-BE if you can't install PC software for some reason.

3) No. The system is designed specifically so that this should never happen.

4) No.

5) Again, no... you can't customize the BIPPA service... If you use CAD or CAD-BE this wouldn't be an issue.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Aaron Harrison Fri, 04/09/2010 - 00:58

Hi

1) Isn't that an IPMA softkey? Never tried it, but whilst it's not in the 'unsupported' list, I wouldn't expect using any IPMA features in conjunction with CAD would get you good results. If it doesn't cause you stuck/ghost calls, I would expect erroneous reports...

2) Being logged into a CSQ doesn't affect the way the phone works.

- You can dial the number then either lift the handset or hit dial (for speakerphone)

- You can press speakerphone or headset then dial

I guess what you are referring to is if you are using the IP Phone Agent in conjunction with a headset? If you are, then the IPPA usually obscures the 'new call' and 'end call' softkeys that you might use if you leave the headset button lit. I guess this isn't the case, as you refer to lifting the receiver? Unless you have motorized lifters.. If that's what you have, you can try getting users to either :

- Manage their onhook/offhook state using the headset key as if it was the speakerphone key (i.e. press it to hang up or pickup)

- Use a headset/phone combination that supports HHC

- Switch to CAD, or CAD-BE if you can't install PC software for some reason.

3) No. The system is designed specifically so that this should never happen.

4) No.

5) Again, no... you can't customize the BIPPA service... If you use CAD or CAD-BE this wouldn't be an issue.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

rhnoc Fri, 04/09/2010 - 06:22

Thanks! This is exactly what I needed to know.

Actions

This Discussion