What is included in HandleTime in Webview?

Unanswered Question
Apr 8th, 2010
User Badges:

Hi everyone-

Can anyone help me determine what is included in the "handletime" metric viewable in Webview? We are taking inbound calls and agents sometimes make outbound warm transfers and I cannot figure out what is included in the handletime metric. It doesn't appear that adding talk time, hold time and wrap time gets me there, is there something else included?

Thank you!

MR

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Edward Umansky Thu, 04/08/2010 - 17:49
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

HandleTime should be a sum of TalkTime, HoldTime, and WorkTime. What fields are you adding exactly that you are having trouble with?

m-rhodes-cc Thu, 04/08/2010 - 21:49
User Badges:

Thank you for the quick response!

I'm looking at the Agent Performance Summary Daily by Skill Group report.

When I export the report, the HandleTime field is usually pretty close to TotalOnHoldTime + TalkTime + WrapTime, but it is almost never exact and for some agents is off by up to 10% (for large differences, the summed value is always higher than the handletime metric alone). Do you know any reason why this might be? Could it be related to any outbound calls the agents make that are showing up in the default skill rather than their inbound skill?

Also, I've read through the descriptions of the metrics, but they aren't very clear on what the fields measure, do you have a better sense of what is measured in TalkTime and HoldTime? How would it include time when an agent places someone on hold to place an outbound call or initiate a conference?

Thanks!

MR

Edward Umansky Fri, 04/09/2010 - 12:47
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

I don't see TalkTime in that report. What field are you using?

m-rhodes-cc Mon, 04/12/2010 - 08:06
User Badges:

I believe you have to export the report to excel or another format to see that field.

I'm also trying to understand the definition of HandleTime in Webview for an agent who is primarily inbound, but does make outbound calls (with the inbound caller on hold) and occasionally purely outbound calls (with no inbound originating call). Which calls and talk times would be included in the handletime metric and where?

For example:

If an inbound call comes in, talks to the agent for 1 minute, is placed on hold for 1 minute while the agent makes an outbound call (30 seconds of ringing/30 seconds of talk on the outbound), and then the agent returns to the inbound caller for another minute, would the handletime be 3 minutes and the call count be 1? Where is the outbound call measured and where is the outbound talk time tracked?

Actions

This Discussion