Helpful
Replies

call reporting challange....

paul.ramm
Level 1
Level 1

i have attached an example.

Hi,

We are a Cisco partner and have recently installed a UC500 system running call manager express for one of our clients. The client requires reporting for this system and we have been working with OAK to provide the required reports. Unfortunately we cannot produce reports for two main reasons.

1)    There doesn’t seem to be a field that indicates Abandoned Calls in the RAW log files.

2)    When a call comes into a hunt group and doesn’t get answered, then goes through Call Waiting and back to the hunt group, the Call ID changes. Therefore we are unable to link the original call to the final answered call.

Are Cisco aware of this, and if so do you have a solution.

Yours in desperation……

I have attached an example. 503 on this system is the Call wating message, 501 is the hunt group

5 Replies 5

Marcus,

I have passed your suggestion onto our technical lead to confirm. are you saying that the required functionality is available and just needs turned on?

When using BACD, abandoned calls is definitely something we can report.

Marcos

Marcos,

That is excellent news, will this also address the changing ID reference once call waiting is accessed?

I really appreciate your help on this it is hopefully going to save us a great deal of pain with this client.

Kind Regards,

Paul Ramm

Business Development Manager

cmi, Thomas Andrews House, Queens Road, Belfast BT3 9DU | www.newcmi.com        

Direct line: 02890 735620 | Service desk: 028 9073 5656 | Fax line: 028 9073 5601

Email: paul.ramm@newcmi.com

Newcmi Ltd • Registered in Northern Ireland Number: NI038347

For all our latest offers please visit: www.newcmi.com/offers.htm

I honestly don't know which field exactly is changing or why, but it seems to me that the global Call id should stay the same for calls that you move around the system. I will take a look at your logs in more detail.

Thanks,

Marcos