cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a way to run Cisco Unified CM Assistant Configuration Wizard again in CCM 7.1(3)?

mnkojima
Level 1
Level 1

I had issues when running the Assistant Configuration Wizard in the first time. Is there a way to run it again in CCM 7.1(3)?

Thank you

Marcos

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Marcos,

The answer is no.  You can use the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Assistant Configuration Wizard only once in a Cisco Unified Communications Manager cluster configuration. The feature verifies the number of times that the configuration wizard has been run (zero or 1). If the configuration wizard has been run once, the summary window automatically displays. The summary window displays the details and status of the configuration wizard that was previously run. If the configuration has not been run, the configuration process continues.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

Hi

Just in addition to Hailey's comments - my sentiments are that the wizard should be run 0 or less times on each install.

Generally people run it when they have a system already configured, and it's just not intelligent enough to properly and fully configure the system. I also find that the resultant config (such as the ability to 'auto configure' users and phones) are very buggy.

As it can be quite a complex feature to configure, it's really worth taking the time to read the manual, understand what it is doing and how, and then configure it yourself.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Marcos,

The answer is no.  You can use the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Assistant Configuration Wizard only once in a Cisco Unified Communications Manager cluster configuration. The feature verifies the number of times that the configuration wizard has been run (zero or 1). If the configuration wizard has been run once, the summary window automatically displays. The summary window displays the details and status of the configuration wizard that was previously run. If the configuration has not been run, the configuration process continues.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Hi

Just in addition to Hailey's comments - my sentiments are that the wizard should be run 0 or less times on each install.

Generally people run it when they have a system already configured, and it's just not intelligent enough to properly and fully configure the system. I also find that the resultant config (such as the ability to 'auto configure' users and phones) are very buggy.

As it can be quite a complex feature to configure, it's really worth taking the time to read the manual, understand what it is doing and how, and then configure it yourself.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thank you Hailey and Aaron for your help

I have managed to configure Manager/Assistant manually and this way is better than working with the wizard since I already had partitions and css configured.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: