Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Adminision Control using Location on Call Manager

yogesh.mhatre
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a customer implemented with CAC in their environment using Locations in Call Manager. CAC is working fine. When there is no bandwidth available all users get a fast busy tone and message on the display. I was able to customize the display message.

My question is Can i customize the fast busy tone with a message "All circuits are busy now, please try later"?

I know in Call Manager 4.x you could replace the .wav file for annunciator.

Here is the System Information,

Call Manager 6.1.4

Any idea..

Thanks,

Yogesh

8 Replies 8

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, you cannot modify the annunciator prompts in UCM 6.  I believe this may have been added in 8.

Thanks Jonathan,

Is there any support document available which states that?

Hi,

Please refer to the following URL documentation links for CUCM 6.x and 7.x SRND concerning media resources, this should clarify the situation for you.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/6x/media.html#wp1046552

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/media.html#wp1046552

The following is taken from the CUCM 7.x SRND document regarding Annunciators:-

Annunciator

An annunciator is a software function of the Cisco IP Voice Media  Streaming Application that provides the ability to stream spoken  messages or various call progress tones from the system to a user. It is  capable of   sending multiple one-way RTP streams to devices such as  Cisco IP phones or gateways, and it uses SCCP messages to establish the  RTP stream. The device must be capable of SCCP to utilize this feature.  Tones and announcements are predefined by the system. The announcements  support localization and also may be customized by replacing the  appropriate .wav file. The annunciator is capable of supporting G.711  a-law and mu-law, G.729, and Wideband codecs without any transcoding  resources.

Whereas the CUCM 6.x SRND does not stipulate anywhere that they can be customized.

Regards

Allan.

Hope this helps, pls rate helpful posts.

Hello Allan,

I am looking at 6.0, 6.1 and 7.1 SRND guides on Cisco Websites, all are saying  The announcements  support localization and also may be customized by replacing the  appropriate .wav file. The annunciator is capable of supporting G.711  a-law and mu-law, G.729, and Wideband codecs without any transcoding  resources.

May be it is supported..

Can you put some light one this?

It's not possible. You need root access in order to get access to the wav files and other system files, and root access is not provided if it's not to troubleshoot or perform a workaround for a bug.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks.

I guess you work for PDI Helpdesk.

Is there any document? My customer would ask for a document...for sure or a cisco response.

Hi,

Apologies for that oversight.   I must have been asleep when I was  reading through the guide as I had not noticed that it too refered to  customization of the .wav files.  Although it mentions that it is  possible, there appears to be no documentation in relation to  customising them that I can find, and as Java mentioned it is not possible to gain access to the appropriate locale directory where they are installed unless you have root access via the CLI through TAC.

Through the web TFTP Management within the OS Administration pages you will be able to list the respective wav files, however the only path available via the CLI that you are able to access is the TFTP directory and if you attempt to do a file list or search from the CLI you simply will not be able to find them.  I can appreciate that the information is misleading within the SRND, but unfortunately I cannot comment on whether this has changed in CUCM 8.x?

Regards

Allan.

Yes, this is only possible in 8.X

Announcement Configuration

When you install Cisco Unified Communications  Manager, Cisco-provided announcements and tones install, and the Find  and Lists Announcements window in Cisco Unified Communications Manager  Administration displays these announcements and tones, which can be used  for basic calls, external call control, or MLPP, depending on the  announcement. (Media Resources > Announcements)  Cisco Unified Communications Manager allows you to use the  Cisco-provided announcements as is, insert custom announcement .wav  files, assign the locale for the announcement, change the description  for the announcement, or change the message or tone that you want an  announcement to play.

There is no documentation that clearly explains this. You can explain your customer this:

The only doc that explains how to do this is CUCM 8.0(2), and Cisco documents what is supported.
New and Changed Information for Cisco Unified  Communications Manager 8.0(x)
Announcements Configuration

The documentation does suggest you can do this on previous releases, but it's not really possible as explained.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk
HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: