Please I need help from someone who has ever wondered and get to know the maximum number of simultaneous IP sessions on 7600.
On the documentation, this is the applicable information that we find regarding the number of sessions:
Beginning in Cisco IOS Release 12.2(33)SRE, the Cisco 7600 router supports IP subscriber sessions only on the SIP400 and ES+ line cards
The Cisco 7600 router enforces limits on the number of IP subscriber sessions per line card and router chassis. If the number of active sessions exceeds the following limits, an error message displays:
- Cisco 7600 chassis—32,000 subscriber sessions (supported in Cisco IOS Release 12.2(33)SRE1 and later releases)
- ES+ line card—4000 subscriber sessions per port group; 16,000 sessions per line card (supported in Cisco IOS Release 12.2(33)SRE and later releases)
- SIP400 line card—8000 subscriber sessions (supported in Cisco IOS Release 12.2(33)SRD4 and later releases)
Let us suppose that we use the SIP400 line card, since ES+ is far from our networking requirements.
Please confirm/answer the following:
- No special license is required to use ISG with SIP400.
- Is the 8000 session limitation per SIP400 module or per SPA attached to it?
- I read in the documentation, that the SAMI card enhances the maximum number of ISG sessions:
The ISG Support for SAMI Blade feature combines the subscriber management features and functions of the Cisco Intelligent Services Gateway (ISG) with the processing power of the Cisco Service Application Module for IP (SAMI). The Cisco SAMI blade has six PowerPC (PPC) processors and occupies just one slot in the Cisco 7600 series router. This means that you can support many ISG features for up to 600,000 subscribers on a single router.
- We then assume that the SAMI blade overcomes the limitations noted above: 32,000 session/chassis and 8,000 sessions/SIP400. Correct?
- No extra license is required to use ISG with SAMI.