cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator for Iphone / Ipad?

pro4ianyc
Level 1
Level 1

I'm aware of people getting iSip working on their UC5xxs...   Is IP Communicator for Iphone/Ipad on Cisco's horizon?  any info will be appreciated!

4 Replies 4

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Sir;

Current IP Communicator will continue to be based for windows PCs. We are continuously evaluating enhancements for our mobility strategy including wider support for mobile terminals under SBCS. This belongs to our roadmap strategy so I suggest you contact your Cisco Account Manager for further information.

Regards
Alberto

What about supporting Cisco Mobile 8.0 on UC520? I have downloaded it on my iphone and I can get it to atleast hit the TFTP server. But the UC520 doesn't seem to have the proper phone profile. Is there anyway to make this work? I'm thinking all I would need is a copy of the right XML file and maybe a firmware file?

-Dan

Not supported.

Thanks,

Marcos

Given it's been 9 years since this question was asked, has any headway been made on making this happen? We have a dozen people that are "on call" personnel, and have maintain a device, and service, because we can't just install a piece of software and have a softphone (even though software exists for Windows, which, by the way, is a non-answer when we identify the platform we are asking about). Your cloud service won't work as an answer either.

Maybe it's time to take this seriously?