Views
Helpful
Replies

Critical Services deactivated on Unity Connection cluster Publisher

vincent.morton
Level 1
Level 1

Unity Connection Serviceability Version 7.0.2.10000-38

Connection Message Transfer Agent and Connection Notifier services show as deactivated on Publisher in Unity Connection Serviceability but Activiated and Started on Subscriber.

I can't see how to activate them on the Publisher and starting the box hasn't changed anything.

If I've missed a crucial but obvious point in documentation somewhere, please let me know.

11 Replies 11

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Go to Cisco Unity Connection Servicability > Cluster Management and verify which server is the current primary.  Likely, it is the Subscriber.  If so, manually force the Publisher to become primary and you'll see these services move to an active state on the Publisher.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Thanks for the quick response. The sub was in Server Status Primary but when I clicked on the Make Primary button for the publisher I got an error message "Could not change Primary".

Under Port Manager, where you normally have the two Stop Taking Calls buttons, the sub has a Stop Takig Calls button but the publisher just displays a message "Conversation Manager Not Running". No button.

Now in the GUI both servers show as Server Status Secondary and the Make Primary button for the sub is greyed out

However, in CLI

admin:show cuc cluster status

Server Name  Member ID  Server State  Internal State  Reason
-----------  ---------  ------------  --------------  ------
stounity01   0          Primary       Pri Active      Normal
stounity02   1          Primary       Sec Acting Pri  Normal

Strangely, in Control Center - Feature Services, the services are now active on the publisher and inactive on the sub so it looks like that's that sorted.

I just need to work out why Connection Conversation Manager shows as started in Feature Services on the pub but Cluster Management displays Conversation Manager not running

On cli issue utils service list page. If the service shows as running

but you still have inconsistency in the GUI then:

Reboot the pub. Then reboot the sub. Force the publisher to active

after reboot.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 9, 2010, at 5:50 PM, "vincent.morton"

Rebooting both servers has sorted the services as they appear in Service Management but in Cluster Management, Server Status for both servers shows as Primary although under Change Status, the sub does have a message saying "Server status change in progress".

It's been like this for about quarter of an hour following the reboot and the Make Primary buttons are, fairly obviously, greyed out for both servers.

From the CLI though, a show cuc cluster status on the pub shows both servers as Primary while the same command on the sub shows both servers as Secondary.

The switchover after a reboot takes a bit. The severs are replicating

state and figuring out their state. Let it run and the Sub should

eventually change state to secondary.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 9, 2010, at 7:12 PM, "vincent.morton"

I thought it might be that but it's been a while. I'll leave it a bit longer and let you know how it goes.

You can also refresh the page or log out and log back in. See if for

some reason the status hung.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 9, 2010, at 7:26 PM, "vincent.morton"

Logged in to check again and after nearly 48 hours the sub is still showing "Server status change in progress"

Did you reboot both servers or just the Publisher?

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 11, 2010, at 5:55 PM, "vincent.morton"

both servers, pub first, then sub

Thanks David. I'd also same problem in CUC 10.5 and the restarting of PUB and SUB worked for me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: