Views
Helpful
Replies

Site to Site VPN in Cisco 871 RDP Problems

biksnita73
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,
I've trying to configure site to site VPN between Site1 and site2 using Cisco 871 on both sites
Site 1 is Cisco 871 where Dialer0 is External Interface and site2 is also Cisco871 where FastEthernet4 as external interface.
Site 2 has static IP and site 1 has PPPoE (Static)

I went through all the configuration steps  and tunnel debugging made tunnel up now.
I can ping the servers from both sites using IP address but I can't ping with hostname. But I can access data using \\192.168.xx.xx on either sites.
Site 1 has two servers, one DC and the other Mail.

Site 2 has  a File server joined to the domain. And I am going to make this secondary DC after the site to site vpn is sorted. If hostname doesn't resolve, then I can't promote this server into sec DC. Am I right?

I think there is something to do with NATing, could anyone help me out.
I have attached the IPsec & NATing portion of my config as below:

-Many many thanks in advace

-bik

1 Reply 1

Hi,

If you can access the servers through the tunnel the configuration is fine.

If you cannot access those servers with name, then the hosts on the other side of the tunnel are not using the same DNS aren't they?

Do you have published the hostnames, so that through the tunnel the devices know how to reach the servers?

Federico.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: