Views
Helpful
Replies

CCME & Exchange 2007 unified messaging Call relay problem

Sarg .
Level 3
Level 3

hello guys

I have just been trying to expand  my knowledge on unified communitation.  I am using CCME and exchange server 2007.

I have set up exchange unified messaging role and I can connect to my voice mail box and activate my mail box.  I can even change my mail box pin from the phone. But my call forward no answer is not working .  when a call is not answered,  the call does not go the the receivers mail box but just simply goes to exchange messaging server default prompt.

Guys has anyone ever encountered this problem?

cheers

Here   is the config I used cheers

dial-peer voice 550 voip
description ** Exchange Unified Messaging **
destination-pattern 550
session protocol sipv2
session target ipv4:192.168.10.4
session transport tcp
dtmf-relay rtp-nte
codec g711ulaw
fax rate disable
fax protocol pass-through g711ulaw
no vad
!
telephony-service
voicemail 550

sip-ua
mwi-server ipv4:192.168.10.4 expires 3600 port 5060 transport udp

ephone-dn 1
call-forward busy 550
call-forward noan 550 timeout 18

ephone-dn 1
call-forward busy 550
call-forward noan 550 timeout 18

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

you need to make sure that the users (IP Phones) is already enable UM role from Exchange side with the same Cisco Extension (UM role Ext = Cisco IP Phone Ext).

Actually its working with me fine .....I think no need for SIP UA account.

Regards,

SID

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Sarg .
Level 3
Level 3

looks like i'm alone again

Hi,

you need to make sure that the users (IP Phones) is already enable UM role from Exchange side with the same Cisco Extension (UM role Ext = Cisco IP Phone Ext).

Actually its working with me fine .....I think no need for SIP UA account.

Regards,

SID

thanks for helping. i did not even know someone had replied. i will test this tomorrow.

when you said i need a sip-ua account. do u mean :

a) i need to make my router a sip-ua

b) i need to use sip phones

c) i need to create a sip-ua on exchange server

thanks

oh sorry u said no need. i d rushed throught it when i first read it. ok i've just started the lab. i will get working on it and tell you how it goes. but i think i already add the phone number but ill just go over it again should in case i missed it.

thanks

Thanks

It works perfectly. The mistake I made was that I use the same number for the automated attendant pilot number. I am really impressed with how Microsoft made it simple to generate scripts in the background without even having programming knowledge. . . so much easier than Cisco. But I am very disappointed with the message waiting indicator failure. Do you know of any message waiting indicator software I can install apart from mwi2007 from  www.mwi2007.com ?   I tried this site but they don’t seem to have a trial versions and this Is just a lab environment so I can’t afford to spend? Have ever tried any message waiting indicator software?

thanks

"I am really impressed with how Microsoft made it simple to generate scripts in the background without even having programming knowledge. . . so much easier than Cisco"

What does that mean? What kind of scripts are you referring to?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I'm talking about customizing the automated attendant steps and also  how to responds to dialed DTMF inputs for call transfers when an incoming call is routed to the hunt pilot. manipulating  cisco scripts with an editor is not as easy for me.Or is there something I don't know?

cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: