Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 3102 only detects disconnect tone while line is ringing

georgediam
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My provider offers a Speedtouch 780WL (locked) as CPE which provides two FXS ports. I wanted to use a software based PBX so I bought a couple of SPA 3102 Gateways. After a little experimenting, I found that Norway's disconnect tone pattern (as it is provided in the Cisco ATAs manual) seemed to work the best with the 780WL's FXO ports. However, to my surprise it turned out that the SPA will detect the disconnect tone while the line is ringing, but will fail to do so during a call! Here's an example:

Inbound call ---> nobody answers the phone ---> Remote caller hangs up ---> SPA successfully detects disconnect tone

Inbound call ---> call picked from a SPA941 ----> After the conversation ends, the remote caller hangs up first ---> SPA3102 fails to detect disconnect tone.

In the latter case, I can hear the tone through the SPA941's handset, the VoIP call is not terminated and the SPA3102 still lists "PSTN Line"'s hook status as "hook off"...

Does anybody have any idea on what is to blame here? Better off, does anybody have SPA settings that work with the Speetouch?

Thanks

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

samsonluk
Level 1
Level 1

What firmware version in your SPA3102?

View solution in original post

Dear sir, please revert to 5.1.7. There is an issue related to tone detection which may be related to your case. Let us know the results.

Regards
Alberto

Downgrade it and you will be fine

Sent from my iPod

9 Replies 9

samsonluk
Level 1
Level 1

What firmware version in your SPA3102?

The latest of course, 5.1.10

Dear sir, please revert to 5.1.7. There is an issue related to tone detection which may be related to your case. Let us know the results.

Regards
Alberto

Downgrade it and you will be fine

Sent from my iPod

I downgraded to 5.1.7, but unfortunately the problem is far from gone...This is really annoying if one wants to send calls to voicemail: it will record the disconnect tone forever...

What really troubles me is that I can hear a second periodic sound of the same frequency, which sounds more like ticking than a disconnect tone and which is not audible if I connect a regular analogue phone to one pf the FXS ports of the Speedtouch router. Does this ring a bell to anyone?

Dear Sir;

This is very strange, first time I hear of this issue on the SPA3102. I suggest you take traces (ethereal for example) in both cases: ringing and on call disconnect, to see if the SPA3102 is detecting anything strange... In addition, can you please record both tones?

Regards
Alberto

Hello,

I decided I'd record the tone and analyze it in audacity. It now properly detects the disconnect tone, but apparently not always because a few days later I end up with the SPA's PSTN line being hook off indefinitely again.

Could this be 5.1.10 related? Where can I find an exact description of the disconnect detection bug? I'll revert to 5.1.7 again and see if it helps this time. Is this bug scheduled to be fixed in the next release? It is getting really annoying whatever it is...

georgediam
Level 1
Level 1

It seems the problem isn't disconnect tone detection related any more... For some reason Music On Hold is activated on the FXO port and it remains hook off forever...

I have the same problem! I put the right disconnect tone in the PSTN Line Tab, and the softhpone hook on when the remote call hang up, but if I use a on hold music software, the Spa 3102 don't detect when the remote call hang up, so the SPA3102 don't hook on.

This is my configuration Hw/Sw

Linksys SPA3102 Software version 5.1.7  (I had donwgrade it from 5.1.10)

PBX Axon

IMS Telephone On Hold Music

Please Help!!!!!

(sorry for my bad enghlish)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: