Views
Helpful
Replies

Linksys WRP400 Voice Configuration

allankrause
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I've just purchased a Linksys WRP400 Wireless-G Broadband Router with 2 phone ports (to replace a Billion voip wireless router which has ceased to function). I'm having trouble trying to work out how to set up the voip connection to my voip provider. Firstly, I can't login into the voice screens. On first attempt at configuring the router I could see the voice screens, but couldn't see anywhere to enter the sip web address - I saw the user password box and keyed one in thinking I needed to change it from the default to unlock some additional screens. Now, when I try to view the voice screens I just get prompted for a user name and password where I've entered "admin" and the password I entered previously - which are rejected. I've since reset the device to the factory defaults but I still get prompted for the user name and password. I enter "admin"/"admin" but it still fails to get any further. I've looked in the online user guide hoping it might tell me how to reset this password but couldn't find anything. The user guide talks about entering a voice user name and password supplied by my service provider? I'm confused by this - is it talking about my broadband internet provider? My internet provider is not my voip provider. My voip provider has given me an account, user id and password, but how is the device going to confirm these details without being told the sip details? I thought the Billion config was complicated and I was hoping this device might be much simpler - but not so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

AllanK

1 Reply 1

jdrass5555
Level 1
Level 1

Clearly this is too late to help you, but since this is showing up on Google and there are about a thousand views, this answer might be helpful to another.

Once you access the Voice Admin menu and provision your device for your VoIP provider, access to the Voice menu is subsequently "Locked". 

• Your VoiP provider's system has set a new unique password for the Voice menu once the provisioned device has synced with your providers system.
  • You should be able to get that password from the control panel on you VoIP account profile under "equipment" or a call to support or an e-mail request should garner the password.
  • The Login will be "admin" and the password provided will get you back into Voice menu system.

You will also need this password if you want to reset the Voice features back to factory defaults.  Because of this system it appears that a WRP400 cannot be unlocked by merely using the reset button. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: