cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Test SFPs in 3560

Bmwagner0
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know of a way to test an sfp in a 3560?

I have a single mode connection and as soon as I try to ping or put any amount of data on the circuit it starts dropping.  I have talked with the people that have provided the circuit and they said they are seeing errors between their connection and our switch.  So I was trying to see if you can test the sfp...

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just place a patch cord across the connectors.

Errors are isually due to faulty circuit splices, not equipment.

So whta should be put in loopback and tested first is the circuit, not the equipment.

Thank you. I appreciate your response.

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Bmwagner0 wrote:

Does anyone know of a way to test an sfp in a 3560?

I have a single mode connection and as soon as I try to ping or put any amount of data on the circuit it starts dropping.  I have talked with the people that have provided the circuit and they said they are seeing errors between their connection and our switch.  So I was trying to see if you can test the sfp...

Hi Brenda,

Since your fiber is single-mode make sure your SFP is also single mode.  Also try using a spare one in the same slot (if you have one).  Also make sure the tips of the connector are clean before before you insert the LC fiber patch cord into the SFP slot.

HTH

Reza

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card