Views
Helpful
Replies

No Name display throu QSIG with nortel

ali nasser
Level 1
Level 1

hi all

i have cisco Call Manager 7.0 intgrated with Nortel option 81c with QSIG, every thing works fine except 3 things.

1 - i can't get name in both way

2 - when i call from cisco to nortel i can't hear ringback tone and my voice gateway programmed as H323 in CUCM

3 - unable to enable the debug isdn q931 in voice gateway to check if call manager sending the name or not.

thanks,

Note: Reply in my E-mail (ali10839@gmail.com)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yes, reboot the Nortel also best to do a force download to the  D channel

LD 48  dis MSDL

LD 48 enl MSDL xFDL

Be aware incase you have another d channel on the same MSDL

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Unable to enable ???

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

Is this a new install?

There are a couple of things you need to do for names

CUCM

On the CUCM make on the H232 GW config. that Display IE Delivery is ticked and on the H323 GW the following is set "

ISDN SUPP-SERVICE NAME CALLING is set"

Nortel

Check whether NDx is set up on the D channel , there are couple of versions ND1, ND2 if I remember- It is in ld 21, req prt, type adan ......

HI ipuser55

thanks for your replay.

yes its new installation and i made all these configuration in cisco and nortel but still i face the same problem.

under the interface serial i put the command ISDN SUPP-SERVICE NAME CALLING but still no name are display

thanks

On the Nortel check whether CNDA, CNDD on the CLS of the actual Nortel Handset - LD 20 REQ PRT TYPE TNB TN X.X - look in the CLS set up On the GW configure in CCM is the presentation set to allowed?

hi

i do it in nortel site in CLS: CNDA CNDD NAMA, but in the ISGF route i can't change the NCNA to YES

in Cisco site i allow the Calling Party Presentation, but still not working

thanks

Set the CLS on the Nortel to CNDA DNDA DDGA NAMA

hi,

under the  voice service voip,i put this command  qsig decodec, its working well but ihave a new issue with nortel when i call from cisco to nortel its give an error in nortel side and its disable the E1 loop.

thanks

Sorry I forgot about that commend though I`v got names workgn without it as well. What error you now get ?

ali nasser
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i am really  appreciate for your replays, actually the error about the name receiving some wrong name something like that.i will feed you tomorrow with the error massage by the way the RDB and DCH is ESIG protocol.

thanks

ali nasser
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i am always geting these errors from nortel side DTA300 and DTA301 slip error after that the link is down and i am calling form cisco to nortel the name appear in cisco phone, and if i call from nortel to cisco i can see the name in both sides.

thanks

DTA300. DTA301 normally relates to clock slips. Do a SHOW ISDN STAT and look for slips. What is the set up with regards to network, User- Clocking Internal, External

hi,

now i have a new status which is when i call from nortel to cisco i get the names but when i call from cisco to nortel the name will display in cisco only and in nortel will give this err5523.

thanks

Was the previous error clock slips?

the new error is to do with  parsing of  CPND in Nortel. I had this before and a SW patch was installed by BT in the UK called S/W PATCH 17158 but it may only be locally known by that ID in the UK . The error is a known bug so should be easy to resolve

i install the patch file to nortel but its still not working, still i am receiving the error mesg

PATCH Name : P17158.CP3

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: