Views
Helpful
Replies

Change the VSOM ,VSVM and VSMS IP addresses

ahmed_ellboudy
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All

I have a Cisco VS system that include two media servers ,one operation manager server and one VM server , and I added the IP cameras on the system and configure the required archives from the system.

Now the customer request to change the IP addresses of the servers VSMS's ,VSOM and VSVM ,can you tell me if there a way to make it with out affecting the running configuration ?.

Thanks,

Ahmed Ellboudy

2 Replies 2

mcwalter
Level 3
Level 3

i dont think you will find a way to change the IP without affecting the devices connected to it. you could call TAC to see if they knwo something. I will say that to make changes like that you have to go in to the linux cli or YAST GUI on the server itself.

good luck.

slaanoi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

While not recommended, it's possible. Generally, you would need to remove the media server and virtual matrix from VSOM, stop cisco services, change the IP's, start the services, add back the servers to VSOM and sync. There may be a few more steps involved depending on your current setup. I suggest that you open a TAC case so that we can help you with this.

--

SL.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: