cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about LMS upgrade and Data Migration

HWangLoyalty_2
Level 1
Level 1

Right now we use LMS 3.0 in our network environment. We just received LMS3.2 installation DVD package and will schedule to upgrade.

a. We will finish the local migration. Based on the document, it looked like all data will be migrated automatically. But Cisco still recommend we should backup data. So we will stop damon service (net stop crmdmgtd) first, and then backup data with CS tool, finally start damon service (net start crmdmgtd) once backup is successfully.  Is the step right?

b. During the upgrade, should I stop any services of LMS? I supposed all component will be upgrade new version automatically.

Thanks for your advice!

3 Replies 3

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Just IMHO, neither is necessary: a) The LMS setup script actually mandates a backup as part of the upgrade. This integral backup could be turned off with "setup.exe nobackup" (Windows) or "setup.sh -b nobackup" (Solaris). b) The service/process stoppages are managed by the setup script autonomously, AFAICT. The only time it might prompt the admin to manually shut down services/procs is when it had trouble terminating dbsrv itself.

If I understand correct, I do not require to do anything when I start upgrading LMS 3.2 if everything is fine.

You got it. Good luck with the upgrade.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: