cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Messages with no sound at all - Unity 4.0(5)

rogerthread
Level 1
Level 1

After a recent Unity reboot all came up fine, all processes started, all looks fine but the voicemail messages are blank !!!

They seem to be a sensible size as an Email attachment in outlook but no sound at all, same with people using 7940 type phones they listen to a blank voicemail.

I've has to disable voicemail for the day as there's nothing worse than blank voicemails for receptionists etc.

Any thoughts.... very much appreciated  Unity 4.05, CCM4, Exchange 2003

2 Replies 2

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Take a look at the following bug that could result in blank voicemails.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsb42730

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Many thanks but I don't think it's that....  I've just rebooted both call managers started unity and all the processes.  The only error logs are to do with the exchange connnector - exchange chap going to have a look - I've just searched hard drive on unity - are the voicemail '.wav' files never storred there, the whole system is working perfectly, the voicemail '.wav' in exchange vary by the length of the caller and are a sensible '.wav' size but when you play them the message is blank.

The whole setup now looks flakey as the exchange server is being replaced by exchange 2008 in a week and I know the connector will fail at that point ad was hoping unity would be storring all the voicemails even eithout a unity connector.

Any help on the blank messages VERY much appreciated !!

Roger