WAP4410N reports iPad WiFi MAC address as illegal.

Unanswered Question
Apr 12th, 2010

When I try to add my iPad to the "Wireless Connection Control" section, the MAC address i enter is rejected as being illegal. I updated from firmware to and it had no effect. I have tried adding it with and without the delimiters. I have indicated the iPad's wifi address below. The iPad connects OK if I turn off the MAC address filtering, but I would like to keep this security feature active. Can anybody help me?

v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

7C:6D:62:D6:B7:75 - iPad address.

Cisco WAP-4410N

The error message reads: "MAC 10 must be 12 Hex chars (0~9 and A~F) with optional delimiters (: or -), and the second bit is not a odd number"

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
srdalton55 Mon, 04/12/2010 - 21:45

Thank you - Scott Fella. The thread you posted worked great.

The simple edit of the config file is the fastest and easiest solution.

When you edit the config file to add the MAC address, be sure to change the value for the

connection control at the same time.

Here is what the line looks like: Connection_Control=1 ;0: disabled, 1:local, 2: Radius.

This Discussion

Related Content

Trending Topics - Security & Network