cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM 7.1 - Automatic Client Matter Codes

jecker
Level 1
Level 1

I have a large Law firm that is complaining about adding CMC's constantly.  They add 20 or so clients a day and BAT is working just fine, they are just sick of the tedious process.  I haven't had any luck finding any automated way to do this, but by any chance Is there anything new in CM 7 that will?

automate this process?

Or if there isn't is there a way setup a wildcard CMC so that anything entered into Call Manager would get sent to the billing server?  At least then the billing server could sort out the codes and the client would not have to keep adding CMC's to Call Manager.

Thanks.

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately the answer is no, we have no automated any of this.

The CMC fields requires 0-9 values, you cannot use wildcards. Also it doesn't include any method to authenticate against anything external or send the data.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Can you think of any other clever ways to do this?

I was thinking of turning off the CMC enabled route lists and just stripping the client matter code before it got to the gateway.  The problem with this was that it doesn't send the origonal dialed number to the billing server, so that option is out.

I guess my other option is to just BAT in a range of Client Matter Codes like 10,000 or so that will be assigned to future accounts. so the billing server can match them up and nothing needs to be done manually.

This problem must have come up with other large law firms, I wonder how they are doing it.

Thanks for the help.

The way i thought is what you mentioned, BAT thousands of CMCs and then just use the billing app to match them.

There really are few options, since you need numeric values for CMCs and they need to be in the DB before you use them.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I have the same problem with major law firms

Do you found a solution?

Can you help me?

Tks

Claudio,

This  is do-able but would require some scripting. You could leverage the AXL  SOAP Toolkit that you can download from CUCM. I wrote a series on this  starting here:

http://www.netcraftsmen.net/resources/blogs/running-sql-queries-on-cucm-6x7x-using-axl-soap-toolkit-part-1.html

Now,  this isn't actually "user friendly". If you are comfortable with  intermediate level scripting then it shouldn't be too bad. If not then  maybe you have an integration partner who can.

I can't think of another method or application (though I am sure 3rd party apps exist for this somewhere!).

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Bill,

Tks for your help

Regards,

Cláudio

c.registration
Level 1
Level 1

Unfortunatly I did not.  I also have not heard of anything new in 8.0/8.5/8.6 but I have not looked very closely.  Good luck.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: