6120 Fixed Port License Usage

Answered Question
Apr 12th, 2010

I was looking around in the 6120 via cmd line and noticed that the "show license usage" output shows that there is an 8 port license but than none are in use. If that is the case do what does licensing the remaining 12 ports do? What happens if you use two of those for northbound Ethernet uplinks?

show license usage
Feature                      Ins  Lic   Status Expiry Date Comments
                                 Count
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FM_SERVER_PKG                 No    -   Unused             -
ENTERPRISE_PKG                No    -   Unused             -
FC_FEATURES_PKG               No    -   Unused             -
ETH_PORT_ACTIVATION_PKG       No    8   Unused Never       -
ETH_MODULE_ACTIVATION_PKG     No    0   Unused             -
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by e-chuah about 6 years 8 months ago

Hi..  I have a similar output in my lab setup. In my lab setup, i did not purchase any license and i can use port 19 and 20, in fact all of the ports. It looks like the license is base on trust and not really enforced.  Rgds Eng Wee

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
e-chuah Tue, 04/13/2010 - 02:51

Hi..  I have a similar output in my lab setup. In my lab setup, i did not purchase any license and i can use port 19 and 20, in fact all of the ports. It looks like the license is base on trust and not really enforced.  Rgds Eng Wee

Jeremy Waldrop Tue, 04/13/2010 - 03:04

Cool, that is what I was thinking as well. The client I am working with will still purchase the port licenses but we just needed to be able to use them now.

Actions

This Discussion