astanislaus
Level 2
Level 2

Voice Gateway: Cisco 3845 router.

Software Version: 12.4(12b)      c3845-advipservicesk9-mz.124-12b.bin

Problem Details:

============

Customer is complaining that they cannot see one particular ANI in the Agent
desktop even though they can see it in the IP Phone. The ANI cannot be seen even in the
syslog traces (taken from the VG). SingTel (telco provider) adds 8810161 as an ANI if the
customer blocks ANI.

For calls coming from AUSTRALIA the ANI that SingTel (carrier) gives is 8810161 and
from New Zealand it is 8810164 and from Singapore the ANI is 8810165. 8810164 and 8810165 is
displayed correctly in the syslog traces, IP phones and the agent desktops but only

8810161 is not displayed as expected.

From the debug we can see the diffrence between the
call with the ANI 8810161 and 8810164 / 5 is that 8810161 has the feild "PLAN" asn
"UNKNOWN" and "TYPE" feild as "UNKNOWN" whereas 8810165 & 4 has  "PLAN" asn "ISDN" and
"TYPE" feild as "SUBSCRIBER (LOCAL)".

Log snippet:

Mar 22 12:07:21.467: ISDN Se0/3/0:15 Q931: RX <- SETUP pd = 8  callref = 0x3E08

Sending Complete

Bearer Capability i = 0x9090A3

Standard = CCITT

Transfer Capability = 3.1kHz Audio

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Channel ID i = 0xA98381

Exclusive, Channel 1

Progress Ind i = 0x8183 - Origination address is non-ISDN

Display i = '8810165'

Calling Party Number i = 0x41A3, N/A

Plan:ISDN, Typeubscriber(local)

Called Party Number i = 0xC1, '6040165'

Comparing the result with 8810161, the difference is:

Display i = '8810161'

Calling Party Number i = 0x00A3, N/A

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

Display i = '8810165'

ANy suggestions on troubleshooting this further ?????

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Either you have copied that debug output across in a very odd way, or the service provider is incorrectly signaling the information in.

On the second trace for '8810161' you have two 'calling' number elements, but no 'called' number elements. If this is a verbatim copy of the debug, then raise a call with your service provider and send them that debug as evidence of what is being signaled incorrectly.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

The way I cut and pasted the debug output may have confused you:

Here it is to clarify:

Comparing the result with 8810161, the difference is:

When calling from Australia (the problem situation) we get in debug the following:

===========================================================

Display i = '8810161'

Calling Party Number i = 0x00A3, N/A

============================================================================================================

When calling from Singapore (the working situation) we get in debug the following:

=============================================================

Display i = '8810165'

Dpn't worry about the rest of the debug information, such as calling number, etc.

I want to know why in one case (failing case) I get

and in the other case (working case)  I get

In last reply I should have said:

Don't worry about the rest of the debug information, such as called number, etc.

Hi

Generally once you have received the call, CallManager and the other products are pretty indifferent to these number/plan types. The only common usage I'm aware of (in the inbound direction) is to insert prefixes to national/international numbers so they can be dialed back easily.

If you are going to chop about your debugs before posting them you may as well not bother. Post the whole SETUP message.

If you don't like what you are receiving in the SETUP message, you have two options:

1) Raise it with your service provider if you think it's incorrect

2) If it's just not quite what you want, you can translate the number plan/type and numbers either on the gateway (using H.323, most flexible) or on CCM (generally limited to basic changes to the called/calling numbers only, much less flexible).

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks Aaron.

I chopped teh debug output just to show the difference between working and failing situations.

Thanks again.

I will try your suggestion on VG.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: