Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1861 switchport port-security command

Dear All,

I just need to confirm that either 1861 CME routers support switchport port-security .... commands are available???

If yes then on which IOS and if not then what is the alternate to fix the port security on the 8-port ethernet card?

thanks,

14 Replies 14

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

3-port ethernet card???   I've never heard of one.  Can you provide the model number of this card?

sorry. typo mistake,,, it is 8-port ethernet card !!!

thanks

8-port switch on an 1800 ISR G1?  You mean the NME-XD-48ES-2S-P?

IF so, then it won't work because this is supported starting from the 2800 router.

Cisco EtherSwitch Service Modules for Cisco Integrated Services Routers
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5855/product_data_sheet0900aecd8028d15f.html

then please tell me how I can configure switchport security on 1861 ethernet port???

If indeed you are using the module, it's not the question of you can or can't configure.  It's a question of whether or not the module is even supported on the 1800 router.

The 8-port ethernet module is supported in 1861 routers.

What is the complete model number of the module?

Dear Friend,

The module is built-in / fix in the 1861 router.

Ref: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps8321/index.html

Thanks,

Aman

Oh nuts.  I forgot about this model. 

Port security should be supported.  Can you post your config and what you are trying to do?

Dear Friend,

I am trying to put the command in the interface mode...

switchport port-security .....

but this command is not available in this router.... do I need to configure it some other way or need ot upgarde the IOS... If the IOS then which IOS???

Thanks,

Aman

Are you entering the command on the LAN ports or the WAN ports?

Friend,

I am configuring switchport security on the LAN interfaces, IP phones are terminating on these ports directly......

Hi,

Would you please share the output of sh ver

Shailesh

Here is how it is configured,

It will not shut down the port, but prevents traffic other than what is specified from passing:

mac-address-table secure 0007.0002.0006 FastEthernet0/1/1 vlan 7

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: