Views
Helpful
Replies

regarding cisco 2821 NM module

tarnhundal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I have 2821 router and i have 4 HWIC cards , 1 for voice module . Now i need a NM which should have atleast 4 ports . I tried to find the information on cisco but not given in detail . Plz provide me NM model number and sopport on 2821 for atleast 2 mbps for each port.

Thanks and regards,

Taran

31 Replies 31

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

"Ports" of which type ???

Hi

My requirement is to connect with lease lines . It may be with serial ports or may be e1 with rj45 connectivity.

thanks

Taran

What type exactly you need ?

Hi

Actually I need a module for serial port. The connectivity can be with v.35 cable or it can be with e1 ports. The main goal is to connect lease lines.

thanks

Taran

Cisco makes both, so you have to decide, one or the other.

E1 ports .

Then you must free HWIC slots, or add another router.

1.     The Cisco 2811 does not support the HWIC-4T1/E1 module

2.     The 4-port clear channel HWIC supports 1 channel per port, or 4 channels total for the HWIC.

shailesh.h
Level 1
Level 1

NM-CEM-4TE1 : Four-port Channelized,Unchannelized E1/T1 Network Module

NM-CEM-4SER : Four-port Channelized,Unchannelized E1/T1 Network Module

Shailesh I think you are right . Even I found that only this card is compatible with 2821 NM . What u say should go for it if I need atleast 4 port card ?

thanks

Taran

Yes, you may select one of two cards suits to you

Please rate this response if information provided useful to u

With regards,

Shailesh

NM-CEM-4TE1 :  Four-port Channelized,Unchannelized E1/T1 Network Module

NM-CEM-4SER  : Four-port Channelized,Unchannelized E1/T1 Network Module

Incorrect, these are Circuit Emulation Module, NOT apt for regular WAN circuits.

HI

I have checked that the module you mentioned not supported on 2821 router . I cheked this on cisco's documentation. So if these two CEM are not useful then what u say which module should   I choose ?

Thanks

Taran

Hi

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5854/prod_qas0900aecd80169bd6.html

It shows that NM-8CE1T1-PRI not sopported on 2821 router .

thanks

Taran

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: