Cisco Indoor Mesh Infrastructure

Unanswered Question
Apr 13th, 2010
User Badges:

Hello Cisco Community,

I have to design a controller - based Wireless LAN solution. Actually there is no  WLAN infrastructure in the building. There have to be about 4 access points to be implemented on a floor, three of them without any access to LAN or CAT 5 cabling. Only one access point can be wired to ethernet. Power cabling is available at all positions. Further, I want to deploy Guest Access for the users. The administrator should be able to have detailed statistics and user histories. Guest users should have free access to the EMAIL - System and should be forwarded to a landing page if they want to access the internet, so that a password is sent back to their EMail adress for login. I'm thinking about a solution with a WLC 4002 in combination with a NAC Server. Are there any other possibilities. And the most important question: Are there any concers to deploy a indoor mesh here with the 1130series or are there any limitations for it. As I said above, only one access point could be wired to the Ethernet, so the only chance from my oppinion is to deploy a mesh indoor infrastructure.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion