Views
Helpful
Replies

Dedicate a group of PSTN Lines for a group of Extensions

hanichaban
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a customer who has a Uc520 system 48 users, what he wants to do is to Dedicate a group of PSTN Lines for a group of Extensions, that means for example:

Extensions (201,202,203) will be only allowd to use (FXO ports 1,2) and extensions (204,205,206) will b only allowed to use (FXO ports 3,4).

is that possible to do on the only grouping option is based of the dial plan ?

5 Replies 5

The only segmentation available in CCA is via dialplan, as you mention. In your case, you would map the FXO ports to a hunt group containing the corresponding users.

Marcos

Thank you for your response the most important for me is the outgoing calls not the incoming, so is it possible to do that for the outgoing ?

If you use CCA, you can create different trunk groups and you can assign different dial prefixes to them, but they would be available to any user on the system. For real segregation, you need to go outside of CCA today. Something like this:

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-5286

The above will give you some ideas.

Thanks,

Marcos

Thank you Marcos, the document you shared is explaining how to configure this for the incomin calls but what about the outgoing ?

you were right we can (you can create different trunk groups and you can assign different dial prefixes to them, but they would be available to any user on the system), So is there any other solution ?

Hi,

I know Marcos is on some well deserver time off :-)    He is the #1 collaborative Engineer on this community because not only does he seek to help (as many Cisco Employees in the new Small Business channel do) but he is able to answer because he is so smart on this :-))))  Shout out to Marcos!

I just answered a thread on this topic, and just wanted to say that you are correct.  We can use CCA to organize FXO circuites into PSTN Trunk groups in the Outgoing Dialplan GUI, and we can set preference for different groups (like a trunk group route list) so we can predict the order of selection, but we cannot segregate trunk groups for groups of originating phones, unless you are willing to introduce separate access codes they would have to dial to reach their trunk group (which is not something I would do).

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/thread/12525?tstart=0

I think David Trad also offered a few ideas with OOB CLI method, but I am not a big advocate of OOB CLI since its not the model of deployment we intend for Small Business partners (plus, I never did it so cant talk intelligently about it), but perhaps that is something other Partners can advise you on out here.

Can you share the business requirement for this implementation?  Is it multi-tenant?

Steve DiStefano

Systems Engineer

US Partner Sales Team

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: