Views
Helpful
Replies

odd TCL issue

Frank Hoeben
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

Since a few days we're running some new IVR software which connects to our Cisco 3825 H323 gateway.

The IVR software operates via various TCL scripts.

These scripts (TCL) are partially uploaded to the router and partially executed through http links from within the router to a dedicated box.

After successfully uploading script changes earlier, today it suddenly came up with some ridiculous error.

Manually entering the line that gives the error does work and I don't think the generatred code is the problem

However I do think that some sort of memory limit is causing this.

So my question is, is there a memory limit for TCL scripts (there probably is), and if so a) how much would it be, b) how do I check this and c) how do I change this?

I have ran into a similar problem with dial-peers; adding and removing large numbers of dial-peers leaves the memory in use even though the dial-peer has been deleted, which only can be freed by rebooting the router.

Rebooting the router before every IVR change is not an option, as there are 200+ users depending on it.

If I need to increase memory on the router so be it, but I'd like to know first if it makes a difference at all.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

12.4T is very buggy, try something else.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Frank Hoeben
Level 1
Level 1

Last night, after I had rebooted the router and reapplied the IVR config, the router rebooted itself spantaniously.

System was restarted by bus error at PC 0x63074D10, address 0xB0D0B0D at 23:28:53 CEST Tue Apr 13 2010
3800 Software (C3825-SPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(24)T2, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Compiled Mon 19-Oct-09 21:06 by prod_rel_team
Image text-base: 0x60017480, data-base: 0x638D2B80

Guess it's time for TAC...

12.4T is very buggy, try something else.

Could you elaborate on that?

Which IOS version do you suggest I use that supports SP-Services?

I replaced the IOS with the latest 12.4 Mainline image and indeed it does seem more stable.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: