cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

num-exp and Translation-Profiles together, order

UCcomp2007
Level 2
Level 2

We are in a position where the limit of 15 Translations rules per profile is not going to meet our needs (even though we can do 15 on voice-port, 15 on dial-peer, 15 global etc..)  We need both translation DID from 4 to 7 digits (phones will have 7 digit extensions), and 800 number 4 digit to 7 digit internal number that matches called numberfor contact centers.

Our carriers

AT&T LD sending 4 digits for 800 numbers

PaeTec Local sending 4 digits for DID's

Our main issue is we have hundres of 800 numbers.  Some of the digits sent down for 800 numbers overlap with our DID's.

We need a quick solution and carrier changes will not be able to meet our timelines (if for example we ask local carrier to send 7 instead of 4).

We do have seperate telco providers/pri's for our DID and 800 numbers.  I'm hoping I can meet our needs with combination of translation-profiles and num-expansion.  Can someone provide a detailed explination of the order of operation.  I have not found concrete answer via foroms or Cisco site.

What I'd like to do is for local PRI (DID's) I'd like to converte from 4 digit to 7 digit vai applying trans-profile to voice-port for those local PRI's.  Then with num-exp, take 4 digits from AT&T and convert to 7 digit internal (these are for our contact center).

What is the order of operation?

Regards,

2 Replies 2

UCcomp2007
Level 2
Level 2

Any ideas anyone?

Although I can't find a link to confirm, I believe num-exp rules will apply first as they are configured globally and applied to every dial peer. You could setup a test with one of your numbers to confirm. One option would be to tag the 4 digit numbers with a prefix based on which port they came in on and then use num-exp to translate to the proper internal extension. For example:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^8/ /11118/

voice translatino-rule 2

rule 1 /^8/ /22228/

voice translation-profile 1

translate called 1

voice translation-profile 2

translate called 2

voice-port 1/0:23

translation-profile incoming 1

voice-port 1/0:23

translation-profile incoming 2

num-exp 11118000 1234

num-exp 22228000 5678

This would allow you to translate 8000 sent by one carrier to 1234 and 8000 sent by the other carrier to 5678.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: