Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WIPT survey

Hey Expert

i have downloaded AIRMAGNET  survey & planner  and netstublmer is there any other software which  i missing for conducting my WIreless Survey

Kindly suggest me

Thanks /Regards

2 Replies 2

chad_teal
Level 1
Level 1

You have the software you need but I'm not sure what type of survey you are doing.  The Planner module is for a predictive survey while the Survey application is used to perform the actual survey.  You don't really need netstumbler.  Survey will give you all the information you need.  The biggest step that is often skipped in a wireless design is determining design requirements before the survey.  You can't design a network if you don't know what you are designing the network to do.  There is a lot more to surveying than putting one AP up on a wall and walking around.  You need to figure out what you are trying to do and then plan your survey around that information.  Let me know if you need additional assistance.

Hey

i m doing voice over wirless survey as well as data  can u guide what standard should i use for for voice

should i use 802.11a for voice because it has less interference and 802.11b/g for data

Waiting for your prompt response

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card