cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How would you create this call handler?

keith_chilek
Level 1
Level 1

I use the phrase "call handler" but it doesn't necessarily have to be done in Unity.

CUCM 6.1 and Unity 5.01

The DN is 7859.

During the hours of 7am to 5pm, if you dial 7859 it should ring a hunt group.

During the hours of 5pm to 7am, if you dial 7859 it should ring an outside answering service, 9-xxx-xxxx.

First part is easy, I have that working in a Unity call handler.  The second part is causing trouble as the Unity closed greeting does not have an option to transfer to an outside number, only another subscriber.

Thanks,

Keith

9 Replies 9

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You could use the CCM built-in Time of Day routing feature for this - maybe search this forum, there are a lot of posts on that feature.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As opposed to the Closed Greeting rules, you can use the Transer Rules on the Call Handler.  The Closed option on the Transfer Rules offers a way to transfer to an "extension" where you can enter any digit string you wish.  You will need to enter it as Unity needs to dial it and you will need to ensure the transfer string is allowed by both the Unity restriction tables and also the CSS assigned to the voicemail ports.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

As I learned in another discussion, Transfer Rules only work from caller key input, not direct calls.  I'd rather it be automatic with no key input needed.

That is true for Caller System Transfers as they require user input...this is not to be confused with Call Handler Transfer rules.  Read here:

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:1f3EqFYOjFIJ:www.ciscosystems.org.ph/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/administration/guide/dom/5xcusag040d.pdf+Unity+Call+Handler+transfer+rules&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESgAVnHT_XWSVJWvbfyh-6xQcnJqnMhQm...

I am referring to Call Handler Transfer Rules.

Hailey

I just got this solved for me. https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3053423#3053423

I use a CTI Routed to send to Unity. In unity Create a Call Handler called FIRSTSTEP

In FIRSTSTEP of course select the extension you want it to pickup. Select EDIT and TRANSFER RULES. you will see CLOSED and STANDARD those are the ones that you want to use. Under TRANSFER ACTION select Extension. lets say that extension is 5150

Create a new CH called STEP TWO give it the extension 5150. Select EDIT and TRANSFER RULES Unselect ALTERNATE greeting! Give the extension for the standard Greeting!

you should be up and running.

Set your Callendar in the 1st call Handler.

This "In FIRSTSTEP of course select the extension you want it to pickup. Select EDIT and TRANSFER RULES. you will see CLOSED and STANDARD those are the ones that you want to use. Under TRANSFER ACTION select Extension" is exactly what I was talking about. Guys like Aaron, Bill, Rob, myself, and others are here to help - we wouldn't lead you astray on something...at least not intentionally.

Hailey

I think I'm doing that but it's ignoring what I put in the Call Transfer section and just goes to the Greeting for the Call Handler.

-Create Call Handler

-Set Call Transfer options for Standard.  2315 is a working Hunt Group.

-Set Call Transfer options for Closed

-I make no changes to the Greetings section

When I dial 7859, it immediately goes to voicemail and asks me to leave a message.  It's as if it just skips over the Call Transfer section.  If I change the Greeting section to "Send caller to Subscriber" and choose 2315, it does ring the Hunt Group.  However, for the Closed Greeting, there is no way to make it go to an external number,

Try this...call into Unity but not directly to the Call Handler. So, pilot number or something along those lines. Then dial the extension for the Call Handler and see what happens via the transfer rule. The schedule is currently applied so the closed transfer rule won't work anyway.

Hailey

I figured it out and it's working.  Thanks to some of the info here and banging my head on the desk, I had an epiphany and now fully understand how Call Transfer functions inside a Call Handler.

Basically:

-two call handlers

-first one functions off the standard and closed GREETINGS...the closed greeting TRANSFERS to the 2nd call handler

-2nd call handler receives the TRANSFER and thus, uses the configuration inside the Call Transfer section

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: