Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS Unable to Maitain Session

Dulal Ray
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I required your urgent response to verify the configuration which is done on CSS 11506 with IOS version sg0750103.

I had configured new application on CSS for load balancing Web & Application Server load balancer & attaching the required config file along with block diagram.Now the issues which we are facing is sometime Webserver is unable to maintain Session with Application Server.Most of the time WEB1 server maintian session with APP1 server but sometime we observed while accessing the session which is maintain on WEB1 suddenly lands on APP2 & we get Distorted page in application.Webserver - Microsoft Application & Application is VB.Net Application.

We are unable to identify issues is with Applcation or with CSS can someone help me on the same.

4 Replies 4

Pablo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Most likely you're missing a sticky method on content APP-SLB so the connections from your Web servers to this content might eventually bounce between the APP servers.

You can either configure sticky source IP as you did on content BACKEND_HTTP or also you can use arrowpoint cookie if your APP supports HTTP cookies, both methods should provide a fix for the problem.

Tnx

__ __

Pablo

Cisco TAC

Hi Pablo,

Thanks for sharing the information.

Pl. let me know can i configured persistent  advanced-balance sticky-srcip sticky-inact-timeout 5 on APP - SLB or i need use only sticky Source IP.

Your reply would be appericated.

Ray,

Yup! it would be a wise idea to configure a inact-timeout otherwise you may see all the connections from the two Web servers going to a single APP servers all the day long (by default there's no inact-timeout the CSS will flush the entries when the sticky-table gets full).

5 minutes of inactivity should be fine, in case you still experience sporadic issues you can increase the inactivity timer to 10-15.

Hope this helps.

__ __

Pablo

Cisco TAC

Hi Pablo,

Thanks for prompt reponse.

We will configure the same & check the persitency on CSS with App Server incase any further help we will get in touch for your assitance.

Once again thks a ton !!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: