Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Script - Using Dates without Java

We have a client moving from IPCC 3.5 to UCCX 7.x Standard. Their old scripts used Java to

get the current date for Holiday schedule use. UCCX 7.x standard doesn't allow the use of Java, so I need a work-around. Any ideas appreciated.

5 Replies 5

lohjintiam
Level 4
Level 4

There's 1 holiday sample script in the repository which uses an xml file to determine if a particular date is a holiday or not.

-JT-

Found my answer in another post. I removed the Java steps, then used a string variable ("todaysDateString") and set it to == D[now]. I ran the debugger to determine the format mm/dd/yy, and confirmed that no leading zero is used. I had existing "if Holiday == todaysDateString then goto (a closed message holiday greeting)". I have nested Holidays with parameter variables Holiday1 through Holiday15 being checked versus today's date. Worked like a charm.

The more recent versions of UCCX do allow Java - just not in the same way that it was done before with creating a Java object and executing a Java method in a step. The Expression Editor is a powerful beast though - you can execute all Java through it. You can compile custom classes and put them in a JAR, deploy it correctly within UCCX, then see that class and it's methods through the Expression Editor.

It's a bit clunky the first time you try it to get it to work, but once you figure it out, there is your complete Java environment.

Regards,

Geoff

The CCX Standard license does not allow Java expressions. Only the IP IVR, Enhanced, or Premium licenses will allow Java expressions/classes.

Thanks. I often get messed up by the licencing restrictions.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: