cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5 to 7 upgrade ( with servers swap-out)

aklyuka30
Level 1
Level 1

I have one unity 5 server  connected to Exchange Cluster 2007

We recently purchased 2 new servers with Unity 7 .

What is best way to upgrade from  old server runnign Unity 5 to Unity 7.

I need not only to install new Unity Servers but transfer data from old server

New servers with Unity 7 has to be configured in failover mode ?

Does Unity 7 have different Menu set for subscribers and general greeting menu /default call routing ?

Any advises ?

2 Replies 2

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can use the 5.x upgrade guide found here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/upgrade/guide/ex/5xcurugex.html

See the sections on Upgrading to the Shipping Version and on Replacing or Converting a Cisco Unity 5.x Server.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

This is a duplicate thread.  I already answered your question in the Unified Communications section.  Please note that we all check most every category so there is no need for double posts - in fact, it only causes confusion.  Here is the answer to your question:

You will build your new Unity 7  servers as a new install and get them integrated into AD and with  Exchange 2007.  I assume if you have 2 Unity servers, you're going to  run them as failover so yes - configure them for failover.  The  installation guide steps thru this process to a tee.

From there,  you will use COBRAS and the GSM tool to move data from the Unity 5  server over to the new Unity 7 servers.  You can read up on COBRAS at  www.ciscounitytools.com.  Essentially you will run a COBRAS Export on  your Unity 5 server (you do not need to migrate messages in a UM  environment).  Since you have Exchange 2007, you will need to make sure  you go ahead and import all of the users into the Unity 7 system in  advance of the migration as well.  Then before you import the data to  the new Unity 7 system, you will use GSM to clean up the subscriber  association to the old Unity 5 server on the AD user objects by "moving"  them using the GSM tool to the new Unity 7 server.  From there, you run  a COBRAS Import and overwrite the Subscriber data (this will restore  their setttings from the Unity 5x system) and all Call Handlers and  other objects you migrate. You will need to read the Help file for the  GSM tool so you configure communication between the Unity 5 and Unity 7  systems in order to perform the move properly.  It's not a bad migration  at all.  The longest part is building Unity 7 out on the new servers.

If you have  further questions, let me know.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: