cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto Attendant not allowing the DBX to follow the ephone-dn's CFAll setting

stacy.thompson
Level 3
Level 3

We have a UC560 with a custom auto attendant. Dial by extension works fine.

Dial by Extension to an extension that has the Call Forward All set to a cell number is not working?

Internal calls to that extension follow the call forwarding.

I've tried changing the call forward all to my own cell number and it also fails.

The message we get is " I'm sorry we are currently experiencing system problems and are unable to process your call."

Is there some default setting that is preventing this for call fraud purposes?  Where do I begin? What debug commands would I run?

Stacy

5 Replies 5

mega-byte
Level 1
Level 1

Stacy,

Custom AA script in what regard? Is it completely custom, or just a modified SBCS one?

IOS and CME will not generate the message you mentioned, so I'm guessing that message is being generated either by the PSTN provided or by CUE.

What type of PSTN connectivity is in use?

Thanks,

--Mike

It is completely custom from CUE editor. It's my 40th one so I know DBX works.

Now I'm just curious on why any dialing by extension to an extension that is forwarded off to a cell doesn't follow the forwarding?

This is in place on a Cbeyond SIP circuit, so I am guessing CUE is blocking it as toll fraud somehow?

I don't know where to look or what debug might provide answers...

Stacy

IIRC CUE doesn't have integrated toll fraud logic. Toll fraud logic is normally implemented in the CUE script itself.

I'm guessing that you're calling in to the AA via the Cbeyond SIP trunk and testing the dial-by-extension functionality? This would result in a hair-pinned call. In the Cbeyond trunk and then back out again over the same trunk. I could see this being an IP-to-IP GW problem.

I'm assuming your AA pilot is dialable? If so, call the AA pilot from an IP phone extension and then test the dial-by-extension functionality. I'm guessing it will work. This will rule out the CUE causing the problem and point more to a SIP internetworking problem.

If that call works, then I'm thinking Cbeyond is denying the forwarded call from an external PSTN caller. Possibly because of bogus Calling Number information. Running this "debug ccsip messages" debug while attempting to use the dial-by-extension feature from the PSTN may provide some information as to why Cbeyond would be denying the call.

Was this UC configured via CCA, or CLI?

Yes, DBX works fine and internal calls follow the call forwarding.

I think you may be right, CBeyond may be blocking.

I'll run the debugs and open a case with CBeyond.

We set this up via CCA, but make firewall adjustments via CLI.

Thanks for the direction!

Stacy

Problem is solved-  t

here was not  ausername in CUE tied to the extension, this the AA did not recognize it. Building a username and tie it to extension fixed issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: