cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRW208MP AC Power Adapter Part Number

bismarckgata
Level 1
Level 1

What is the SRW208MP AC Power Adapter Part Number and where can it be ordered from?

11 Replies 11

rresc1979
Level 1
Level 1

great question I would really like to see an answer

I have an answer, which you probably wont like, but please dont shoot the messanger.

We don’t sell it separately – it cannot be ordered.

Wow I wasn't expecting that.  I guess if I can get something as simple as a power supply I will have to purchase a different line of switches.  I did find out that it has a 5 year warranty so I will go that route.  Thanks for a quick and accurate reply too bad it wasn't what I wanted to hear

Yes, we have 5 year warranty on some of our switches too.

I did check with the product Manager before I anwered so it is an accurate answer.

Steve

Absolute nonesense Cisco policies. Can't see the point. I have had a high end device for 8years and the Power Adapter died few days ago. I ordered the part and I'm back in business. Had they had same nonesense policies cisco has, I would have been trashing a perfectly working expensive device— disgrace !

I forwarded your reply to the Product management team.

Thank you for taking the time to give us honest feedback.

Steve

I just sent you a private message when you get a chance to check.

Thanks again,

Steve

I am in the same boat - my SRW208MP's power supply just died, I am getting no output from it when tested with a multimeter. Was there any resolution in being able to order replacement power supplies? I'd rather not have to throw out a perfectly good switch and look for another brand.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi all, most of the older SRW switches are end of life end of sale status. When they were current production, the entire unit would be RMA then you were to extract the power adapter and return the unit shipped to you.

If you have a faulty power adapter, you may call the SBSC to check the warranty for this service.

-Tom

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Dave,

I hate to suggest it, but I have seen the power adapters on ebay before. Its a shame that you can't get simple replacement parts such as rack ears or power supplies from Cisco. It shouldn't even be an issue...

Best,

David

Good news, I've found a source for new power adapters if your warranty is up. Mouser (mouser.com) has part number

418-TRG150A480-01-V which matches all the specs of the original adapter. They are about $100. I've bought one and my SRW208MP is back up and running again.

Maybe it will last longer than the Cisco adapter and it even has a nice green LED on it. Hope this helps someone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X