Views
Helpful
Replies

Support files MP3 in Unity Connection

ooroncoym
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, everyone

I have the question, The file MP3 is support in Cisco Unity Connection?

Please I need the information or links about this features.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm pretty sure the answer here is NO.  However, for grins I'll ask for specifics:

Does Unity Connection support MP3 files for what?  Call Handlers? Voice Names? What are you looking to do here?

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Short answer is no.

Longer answer is we've had it on the target feature list a number of times but it gets bumped off for two reasons: 1. it requires a license and lawyers slow everything down and 2. it's more espensive than other codecs for on the fly recording compression.  Not a huge hit but it'll be more expensive CPU wise than, say, G729a which has a smaller file size footprint.  Understood support for MP3 by various devices is much broader for MP3 however...

As ever, ping your account team and ask them to put in a PERs for it - field demand is pretty muted for this (I've always been suprised it doesn't come up more).

Jeff,

Your last post was almost a year old.  I'm assuming it still stands as written, but someone told me today that Unity 8 was going to support MP3.

This was news to me, and I can find nothing in any document about it.

Can you confirm the current status on this?  I'm not trying to push it either direction....just looking for ground truth for 2011.

Cliff McGlamry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: