We are going to buy a firewall, but little confused in whether to choose ASA5510-SEC-BUN-K9 or ASA5520-BUN-K9
1. Does ASA5510-SEC-BUN-K9 support HA both active/active & active/standby ?
2. The memory avaiable in ASA5510-SEC-BUN-K9 is 256MB, is it upgradeable to 512MB?
3. as my understanding ASA5510-SEC-BUN-K9 come with two GE and three FE ports, am I right in this understanding ?
4. do we use integrated ethernet port for HA or there is a seperate port available on the firewall for HA ?
5. can we configure different models of ASA or ASA/PIX515E on failover to each other ?
any thing that I should consider in between ASA5510-SEC-BUN-K9 or ASA5520-BUN-K9
1. Yes. The 5510 supports both A/A and A/S with Security Plus license.
2. Not upgradable (this one I'm not 100% sure)
3. Yes. With the Security Plus license.
4. You can use an integrated port or use the management port as well.
5. Hardware and licenses need to be the same on both models for failover to work (with the exception of version 8.3)
Take a look: