Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IAD 2430

mnour401917_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Does anyone know if IAD 2430 voice gateways are supported with CCM 4.2?

I would like to get a replacement for a VG224. Is there any other 24 Port FXS port SCCP/MGCP gateways available except Vg224 and cat 6000.

Thanks for your help

Mohammed

6 Replies 6

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hmmm.. why not a new VG224?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron,

They are too expensive for the customer. I'm investigating an alternative solution if there is any???

Regards

Mohammed Nour 

Hi

Unless they have a much less than 24 port count I'm not sure what else you could go for whilst maintaining good supportability...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron,

Thanks for the information. My other question was if the IAD 2430 are supported with CCM 4.2? do you know if these gateways are supported? They support SIP, MGCP and H323, but I couldn't find any document that shows which version of CCM supports the IAD 2430 Voice gateways. Thanks for your help anyway.

Regards

Mohammed Nour

Hi

I've never used that piece of kit, but can tell you it appears in my CallManager v7 and v8 admin pages to allow adding it as MGCP (but not SCCP). Generally if something supports h.323 it will probably work as CCM isn't aware of the specific hardware type of the gateway.

Someone else may be able to advise you on real life experience with that equipment...

Aaron

Hi

Thanks again. It has to support MGCP/SCCP for my requirement.

I was more asking specific to CCM 4.2 if there is a patch for it.

Checking the available GW to add on CCM 4.2 doesn't show IAD 2430 but the old 2420, Another CUCM 7.1.3 I have shows IAD 2400, but not 2430.

Thanks

Mohammed Nour

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: