cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

After-hour exempt not working on individual phones!

mahmoudelcharif
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I recently blocked some outgoing number patterns from call manager, I used the after-hours method, the blocking worked perfectly on all ip phones whereas when i wanted to do the exception from our manager phone, it didnt work

the steps for after-hour exempt was:

Configure terminal

ephone  6
mac-address 000F.F803.1306
type 7940
button  1:8
after-hour exempt

what else should i do?

Thanks in advance!

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Maybe you are seeing this Restriction;

Note that logging in to a phone with  a PIN only allows the user to override call blocking that is associated  with particular time periods. ***Blocking patterns that are created  with the 7-24 keyword in the after-hours block pattern command are in  effect 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, and they cannot be overridden by  using a PIN.

From  this good CME doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeblock.html

Hope  this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob!

Actually, I did what you said but still the same problem, I configured a PIN using the ephone configuration but when I tried to login from the ip phone using the login function it displayed:

"That key is not active here"

I went through the document and followed same steps but still exempt is not working!

one more thing, I tried to login through CCME-GUI it asked about username and password and when I logged in it displayed a blue screen and a "View Window" sentence on the top left of the browser....

any more suggestions? and thanks agian for the reply and the usefull link you posted..

Regards,

Hi there,

You are most welcome my friend

I was working with someone who saw the same problem with the Login

Softkey when trying to enter the PIN. He was missing this setting;

I was missing the login timeout  settings.

I  used:

telephony-services

login timeout 60 clear 17:00

Cheers!

Rob

Hi all,

I'm having the same issue as Mahmoudelcharif... the login timeout is already configured, but the exemptions does not work at all on my C2821.

Can someone share any other clue?

Thanks in advance!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: