Views
Helpful
Replies

"You do not have the roles required to access this portlet" error message

cmartinvalle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we are adding portlets in LMS Portal, in the "CiscoWorks Portal" community, so they should be visible to everybody because it's a public community. The problem is that now, when we access to the LMS with a Help Desk user or a Network Operator user, we can only see the following message: "You do not have the roles required to access this portlet" and they cannot see the portlets.

Portlets are HUM graphs.

How can we fix this?

Thank you very much.

4 Replies 4

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

No it is not possible to make a view per role.

It is not possible to hide the portlets you can't use.

Functioning as designed says TAC..

A missed opportunity....

I hope they add some flexibility in the next version.

Cheers,

Michel

No, that is not the question. What I want to say is that any portlet added by, i.e., an Admin or a Network Administrator should be visible to any other user, regardless of the user role if the portlet is added in the "CiscoWorks Portal" community, but I don't know why it's not visible.

How can I fix it?

No, each portlet will check the logged-in users role and either display the itself or show the message.

That I find logical.

If the role of the user doesn't allow to do a certain job it would be sill that just by showing the portlet he/she suddenly could.

Cheers,

Michel

Yes, that's true but I don't understand why a Network Operator user can view this portlets but a Helpdesk user cannot if these graphs are for being seen....

But OK, the tool is designed this way.

Thank you very much!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: