Views
Helpful
Replies

"You do not have the roles required to access this portlet" error message

cmartinvalle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we are adding portlets in LMS Portal, in the "CiscoWorks Portal" community, so they should be visible to everybody because it's a public community. The problem is that now, when we access to the LMS with a Help Desk user or a Network Operator user, we can only see the following message: "You do not have the roles required to access this portlet" and they cannot see the portlets.

Portlets are HUM graphs.

How can we fix this?

Thank you very much.

4 Replies 4

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

No it is not possible to make a view per role.

It is not possible to hide the portlets you can't use.

Functioning as designed says TAC..

A missed opportunity....

I hope they add some flexibility in the next version.

Cheers,

Michel

No, that is not the question. What I want to say is that any portlet added by, i.e., an Admin or a Network Administrator should be visible to any other user, regardless of the user role if the portlet is added in the "CiscoWorks Portal" community, but I don't know why it's not visible.

How can I fix it?

No, each portlet will check the logged-in users role and either display the itself or show the message.

That I find logical.

If the role of the user doesn't allow to do a certain job it would be sill that just by showing the portlet he/she suddenly could.

Cheers,

Michel

Yes, that's true but I don't understand why a Network Operator user can view this portlets but a Helpdesk user cannot if these graphs are for being seen....

But OK, the tool is designed this way.

Thank you very much!