Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with Polycom analogue conference phone on SCCP VG224 in CUCM 7.1

Hi All,

I am trying to use Polycom analogue conference phone connected to VG224 running SCCP and connected to CUCM 7.1(3) and I have a strange issue. I wonder if anybody has seen this before and could give me an advice about it.

I have a Polycom analogue conference phone and I am trying to initiate an ad-hoc conference from it to two 7945 phones. I setup first call between Polycom and 7945 and press hookflash on Polycom. This works all right and I get a dial tone, dial the second 7945 phone and answer the call. As the result I have open call between Polycom and the second IP phone and the first IP phone is playing MoH. Everything is as it should be so far. Next I press hookflash on Polycom again and expect my three phones to be in a conference. But unfortunately it does not happen - after I press hookflash my first IP phone continues to play MoH and I still have a call between Polycom and the second IP phone. It looks like VG224 does not understand the second hookflash. If I simply go on-hook on the Polycom phone in this situation my both IP phones are getting connected to each other (works as normal call transfer).  My VG224 is running vg224-i6k9s-mz.124-24.T2 IOS code. I wonder if anybody has come across the same issue before.

(The idea about media resources did come to my head but everything looks properly configured.)

+++++

No worries about it any more - I have found the problem. The problem was an IOS command "stcapp call-control mode feature" in VG224. To enable hookflash to work for conferencing it must be "stcapp call-control mode standard". Thanks to everybody who has tried to help.

+++++

3 Replies 3

alijames
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

VG224 ports only support a maximum of 2 calls (See Multiple Call/Call Waiting section in the Directory Number configuration in UCM), so an ad-hoc conference is limited to 2 other parties. The third party will have to be added in by one of the 7945s.

The other more expensive option would be to upgrade the polycom to a 7937 IP conference phone.

Cheers,

Alistair

Hi, thanks for the answer. I probably have not explained it properly that is why the confusion. I am trying two have only 3 phones in a conference - Polycom analogue conference phone and 2 x 7845. So number of calls esteblished by Polycom is 2, no more. Polycom phone is initiating the conference, can place a call to both 7845s but when hookflash is pressed for the second time it can not join all 3 phones in a conference. My understanding is this should work but it does not.

Hi All,
No worries about it any more - I have found the problem. The problem was an IOS command "stcapp call-control mode feature" in VG224. To enable hookflash to work for conferencing it must be "stcapp call-control mode standard". Thanks to everybody who has tried to help.