Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with Polycom analogue conference phone on SCCP VG224 in CUCM 7.1

Hi All,

I am trying to use Polycom analogue conference phone connected to VG224 running SCCP and connected to CUCM 7.1(3) and I have a strange issue. I wonder if anybody has seen this before and could give me an advice about it.

I have a Polycom analogue conference phone and I am trying to initiate an ad-hoc conference from it to two 7945 phones. I setup first call between Polycom and 7945 and press hookflash on Polycom. This works all right and I get a dial tone, dial the second 7945 phone and answer the call. As the result I have open call between Polycom and the second IP phone and the first IP phone is playing MoH. Everything is as it should be so far. Next I press hookflash on Polycom again and expect my three phones to be in a conference. But unfortunately it does not happen - after I press hookflash my first IP phone continues to play MoH and I still have a call between Polycom and the second IP phone. It looks like VG224 does not understand the second hookflash. If I simply go on-hook on the Polycom phone in this situation my both IP phones are getting connected to each other (works as normal call transfer).  My VG224 is running vg224-i6k9s-mz.124-24.T2 IOS code. I wonder if anybody has come across the same issue before.

(The idea about media resources did come to my head but everything looks properly configured.)

+++++

No worries about it any more - I have found the problem. The problem was an IOS command "stcapp call-control mode feature" in VG224. To enable hookflash to work for conferencing it must be "stcapp call-control mode standard". Thanks to everybody who has tried to help.

+++++

3 Replies 3

alijames
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

VG224 ports only support a maximum of 2 calls (See Multiple Call/Call Waiting section in the Directory Number configuration in UCM), so an ad-hoc conference is limited to 2 other parties. The third party will have to be added in by one of the 7945s.

The other more expensive option would be to upgrade the polycom to a 7937 IP conference phone.

Cheers,

Alistair

Hi, thanks for the answer. I probably have not explained it properly that is why the confusion. I am trying two have only 3 phones in a conference - Polycom analogue conference phone and 2 x 7845. So number of calls esteblished by Polycom is 2, no more. Polycom phone is initiating the conference, can place a call to both 7845s but when hookflash is pressed for the second time it can not join all 3 phones in a conference. My understanding is this should work but it does not.

Hi All,
No worries about it any more - I have found the problem. The problem was an IOS command "stcapp call-control mode feature" in VG224. To enable hookflash to work for conferencing it must be "stcapp call-control mode standard". Thanks to everybody who has tried to help.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: