cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Not showing user busy on Cisco IP Phones.

Jamil Hussain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a cluster of CUCM 7 (Publisher and Subscriber) ,i configured Voice gateway  h323 with 8 fxo ports

Internal  using 4 digits ,Local .International dialling is enabled.

Users are calling internally to each other by using 4 digits but the problem is that when the user is busy on the phone and  if other user is calling to him the bell is ringing but the calling party doesn't know that he is busy with another call.

I want to setup some configuration that if the user is already busy on the line and if anybody alse called to same user he should see that he is busy on the phone OR something same like this.

How i can configure this on CUCM. ?????

9 Replies 9

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

On the user's DN, configure the 'busy trigger' to be 1. This will return busy tone to callers, and disable the 'call waiting' behavior that you have now.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi

Aaron.

Yes this is also the way to do

but is it possible that the bell rings on it and the calling party can see his status on Cisco phone that he is busy.

Can I do it like this way

Best regards,

Jamil Hussain

Hi

Once you have dialed the number, you can only get ringing or busy tone. You can't be notified that you are 'waiting'...

However, you could enable the Enterprise Parameter 'BLF for Call Lists'. This would display an icon (on phones that support it) that show whether the caller is on the phone in the directories, missed calls, placed calls etc.

For this to work you would have to do a few things:

1) Enable the enterprise parameter

2) Ensure that all phones/users have a SUBSCRIBE CSS set to include all internal destinations

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi again aaron

The below solution which you provided me how the calling party know that called party is busy.

On his phone its showing blf

How it will work.you mentioned in the directories missed calls ???

Best regards,

Jamil Hussain

Hi

Yes, when you search the directory, each entry will show whether the phone is on hook or not.

Same in placed calls - so you can call someone, and if they don't answer you can look at your placed calls and see whether or not they are on the phone.

Regards

Aaron

Thanks for your help

Best regards,

Jamil Hussain

This is what my "selective call progress tones" script does.

See: http://www.ciscoscripts.com

Hi,,,

How I can use that script ????

Best regards,

Jamil Hussain

How I can get that script to be used ?????

Best regards,

Jamil Hussain

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: