cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC500 - 7942 Phone Display

jeffrey-young
Level 1
Level 1

Quick question regarding the phone display on the 7942.  In the upper right-hand corner the user's name is displayed.  Can this be configured through CLI or does it need to be done via CCA?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Jeff

6 Replies 6

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I believe you refer to the ephone-dn CLI paramter called "description", which CCA sets for you as the Firstname/lastname as buit in CCA.

The configuration on the ephone-dn is:

ephone-dn  17  dual-line
number 5584352 no-reg primary
label 4352
description Bryan Gran
name Bryan Gran
call-forward busy 5584362
call-forward noan 5584362 timeout 18

When the 4352 is dialed it displays the name "Bryan Gran" and in the corporate directory it is listed as "Bryan Gran", however; on the physical phone with the 4352 extension it still displays the previous user's name in the upper right-hand corner.

Thanks,

Jeff

have you reset the phone after making changes?

Check how it looks in CUE GUI (10.1.10.1) as well...

It was in fact that I had forgotten to restart the phone.

Thanks again.

Jeff

Happens all the time to us too. But CCA does it for us :) <-- shameless CCA Plug :)

I may have forgotten to reset the phone.  I will do that when I get the all clear from the user.  I only have access to the CLI, I am not on their physical network and do not have vpn access to view the gui.  We'll see if a restart fixes the issue.

I'll let you know.

Thanks again for your time and suggestions.

Jeff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: