Replies

RAT Error ?

bkrishna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Please Help to Resolve this issue.

Eg: Our domain is "contoso.com"

Our Internal User Sending a Mail to Yahoo User.

When we trace in message details we find this error.

here below i am attaching the Screen short. Please help to resolve the issue.

4 Replies 4

exMSW4319
Level 3
Level 3

Is there a good reason why a message to a munged mailbox at yahoo.com is being handled as an incoming message?

If the message is coming from your own munged domain then it should be outgoing. What is in your SMTP Routes table?

Thanks For your Reply,

Please Can you help me to find the SMTP Routing Table.

Regards,

Bala Krishna G

It's the SMTP Routes table in the Network menu - if you give the wrong name to the Online Help system then it won't find the right chapter.

However, that's a fairly basic part of your appliance configuration and if you're struggling with it then you really aught to be reading the manual in depth or asking for proper training on AsyncOS.

If you prefer hard copy, the Basic and Advanced configuration guides can be downloaded from the Appliance Documentation section of the Support Portal.

IronPort offer formal training and certification programmes (see http://training.ironport.com) though I'd be curious to know the proportion of IronPort administrators that take those routes.

I am not sure if you are sending mails to yahoo, you should be worrying about smtproutes as it handles incoming mails (destined for your internal domains). I see you also removed the sending IP so I am assuming its a public Ip address maybe. Normally you send mail froma trusted IP address through the Ironport, this is called relaying. If its a remote location you can use authentication, but if this is a local server that you just want to relay mail through the Ironport, then you need to add this IP address in your relaylist sender group (Mail Policies - HAT Overview), make sure your outgoing listener is selected and click on the $RELAYLIST and add the IP there. From now on It will be treated as outgoing and not incoming.

regards,

Pirato

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: